ADE is finally getting around to blogging about a few of our past and recent weddings! Yes, these are weddings from last year and the 2014 season! This year has been an awesome kicker, jumpstarting us into 2015 with an even more exciting and clear picture of our bright future! This year continues to be full of events with repeat clients (friends), great new clients and creative events that are out of the norm! We are looking forward to a bit of R & R in October, before the winter weddings arrive in November and before holiday events arrive! If you back track on the blog, you will see we are slowly filling in past calendar dates with more pictures. Please be patience; clients come first!
This wedding took place at a private residence in September of 2014. This home is just minutes from downtown Sag Harbor, one of our favorite stomping grounds. This wedding has been featured on both Carats + Cake and also Borrowed & Blue Hamptons.
I am going to use this blog post to primarily explain the pros and cons of hosting a tented wedding at your private home. Many potential clients come to us unable to choose between the two. I won't go into tons of detail because it would be an OCD boring read but I will tell you the following:
- Hands down the best weddings usually happen at client’s private homes.
- A wedding at your home may cost you more, depending upon what you had in mind as an alternative; tenting, lighting, dumpster, bathrooms, valet, permits, lighting, flooring, catering, cook tent, all rentals, design, etc., etc.
- A wedding at your home will for certain reflect you as a couple.
- It's nice not to have too many if any parameters!
- Your family will have to live with the wedding a bit longer.
- It may be a bit harder for your to give up control on the day before and day of the wedding, all the more reason to trust the vendors you decide to bring on board!
- You will be planning for rain far more, both literally and financially.
- Clients seem to be more proud of their excellent wedding when it is hosted at their home.
- There is no real end time!
- Plan to have a cleaning service to come to your home the day after and also you may have to employ your landscaper to work on the grass, depending upon your design, guest count, tenting design, etc.
- Hire a planner!